January 12, 2010

Stuttgart Christmas Market - WIP

This is the painting that I am working on currently, a cityscape clicked during one of the Christmas Markets that we visited last month. This picture is from the Weihnachtsmarkt of Stuttgart. Cityscapes are new for me, absolutely unknown territory and building perspective generally gives me jitters. I am trying to work on some of my weakest areas in landscape painting, viz. buildings and a general feel of distance. It is also shot from an interesting angle, from atop one of the rides we went in. I am not sure if this qualifies as an aerial view, it is like a balcony view perhaps :-)

Stuttgart Weihnachtsmarkt - WIP
Weihnachtsmarkt Stuttgart - WIP
Acrylics on Canvas, 16 * 20 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


This is only part of the painting, the backdrop so to say. There is a lot more activity in the foreground and we are not yet there. I am taking this one slowly, as I don't want to mess it up :) Watch this space for more updates, and the finished painting hopefully next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!