January 8, 2010

41. Waterlily #13

It is hard to believe that we are 13 paintings up already in the series! This is by far the fastest I have worked in a long long while. I was expecting that I'd be painting lilies the whole of this month, but looks like it won't even last till middle of the month. I am now hoping to wrap up the series early next week. And there are at least 5 more lilies to come.:)

Waterlily #13


Waterlily #13
Acrylics on board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


I don't like this one at all. It is the weakest painting of the series so far in my opinion. I actually called it complete yesterday, but was not at all happy and chose not to post it. Tweaked it a bit today, but still not happy. Calling it done anyway. While I am okay with the reflections and the leaves, I think the flowers turned out miserable. I will probably get to it after a couple of days, when I can tweak it some more. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!