January 19, 2010

51. School Zone

This place is just in front of my daughter's kindergarten, and I see this spot every day when I go to drop her. And still, it never ceases to amaze me. I love these two houses, the row of trees on either side, and how the lane leads to some fields and then hills at a distance. And this image has been changing so much with every other day. I plan to do a series of paintings with this reference, on bigger canvasses. I already have a few autumn photos and now some winter ones as well. Will wait for the other seasons to unfold and paint them too. I especially love this spot in the morning light, as compared to the afternoon time when I pick my little one up.

School Zone


School Zone
Acrylics on Canvas, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


I started an early autumn image on a large canvas, a 16 * 20 and it is lying unfinished in my studio. It was coming along nicely but somewhere down the line I kinda lost the steam. So started this one on the small canvas. Now I will get back to the bigger canvas asap. I think this painting too will work well in the larger format. This is probably a good series to think of for next month :-) Let's see!

Let me know what you think of this piece. Even before I realize, the snowscapes are turning into a series too! So the rest of this month will be snowscapes and the pears alternating with each other. I do remember that I promised more landscapes from the Rhine Valley, but I haven't gotten around to them yet! They are all in half baked stages. Phew! So much to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!