January 20, 2010

52. Retired

This one's done for a monthly challenge on the Acrylics forum of Wetcanvas. I loved the image and did not want to miss it, and managed it just in time.

Retired


Retired
Acrylics on Board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


This one was also painted on black, like the lilies. For a subject like this with a lot of darks, the black surface was a great start. I wonder why I did not start with using black gesso much earlier. I am tempted to redo a lot of my old pieces with a black surface, especially the apples!  :)

Let me know what you think of this one! It was a great experiment with a completely new subject. And next month I am hosting the same challenge in our forum. I am already thinking about what references to provide, that will be challenging enough to my immensely talented friends out there! I have a couple of ideas already, will finalize in a day or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!