January 5, 2010

33. Waterlily #7

I got to complete 3 paintings today, which is a very good rate considering my speed. I think one of them was done from scratch even, and the other two were half done. Whatever be the case, I am quite pleased. My biggest learning in doing this series is not how to paint a flower, coz I may not do a flower beyond this. The learning is infact knowing when to stop!

Waterlily #7


Waterlily #7
Acrylics on board, 5 * 7 inches
Copyright Nithya Swaminathan


I am normally very difficult to satisfy, as is every other artist about his/her own work. So what I end up doing when a painting is about 99% complete, is pop it in front of the mirror, fix some issues, correct more mistakes. There have been occasions when I have realized the drawing itself is not okay and done over parts completely. That kind of takes away the initial charm from a painting. This time, I am consciously refraining from all those antics. Not that I am very satisfied or anything, but I am telling myself that I can make the next piece better, instead of correcting the current piece beyond limits. I am having fun this way.:)

Let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!