January 17, 2010

50. The morning after

This photo was taken last weekend during one of our adventurous trips to the grocery wading through all the snow. We were surrounded by snow from all sides and this is how my street looked.

The morning after


The morning after
Acrylics on Canvas, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


I hate it when the roads become really dirty and the snow turns into shades of brown and grey thanks to the moving traffic. Nothing beats the pristine look of fresh snow. But then it doesn't remain so for long and I have tried to capture the dirty snow in this one. In front of every house, the pedestrian paths get cleaned up so that people can walk around. And apart from minor bits and pieces of the footpath showing, it was only white all around. There are more snowscapes coming up in the next week. Do let me know your feedback on this one!

1 comment:

  1. [...] like walking through dirty snow, I must say it adds some contrast and color to the setting “The morning after” on the other hand was in my street, away from a lot of traffic. And hence it had more [...]

    ReplyDelete

If you like it, share it!