January 28, 2010

57. Pears #4

Just got back to the pears after some of the snowscapes. These pears along with my usual plastic blue container were used in my setups last year. I am doing more paintings now only from the same old references with slightly different crops. It is strange how I did not think of these crops the last time. I have gone in for closer crops, which have left some objects pruned, like the blue container in this painting. I was in a dilemma, whether to omit the blue entirely, but then decided to go ahead with it. I am in the mood to experiment a little more these days, and I am bored of crops with all objects arranged neatly :)

Pears #4


Pears #4
Acrylics on board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


I still haven't found the Red Bartlets this year, it has only been green pears so far. Once the red ones are available I must pick up some and take some new references. I did pick up a few green pears too, but have not used them yet in a setup.

Let me know what you think of this one! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!