January 6, 2010

37. Powder coated

This one's too from a neighbor's garden, along our stroll :) I don't have to tell you that there was not a human in sight, as no sane person goes walking in this kind of weather. Apart from the fitness freaks of course! (I almost faint seeing the runners.) All the playing in the snow resulted in a throat infection for me, so pathetic that I had to go in a search of a doc today, it being a holiday here and all that! I hate going to the doctor, and this trip today took away 1 hour of my precious time. I could've done one more lily otherwise. Huh!

Powder Coated


Powder Coated
Acrylics on gallery wrapped canvas, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


This reference is full of pebbles, completely covered in snow. I wonder if the structure of the pebbles comes across clearly. It is a beautiful reference and I am not sure if I have done justice to it. I admire artists who paint snow that actually looks like snow, it is a big challenge. And it is one of the top most things that I want to improve in my art. I hated how I painted snow last year, in all those winter scenes. It looked pathetic beyond any redemption! So I continue taking baby steps in the direction to "painting better snow" :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!