February 4, 2010

70. White Tulips

A mix of palette knife and brush for this one. The foliage in the foreground is done with a knife, and the flowers are with a brush. White is never my cup of tea, I get jitters painting the various colors in white. And if I did this with a knife, I wonder if it would've looked like a white flower. So stuck to the basics and did them with a brush.:)

White Tulips


White Tulips
Palette Knife on Board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


All these tulips leave me wishing I could visit the Keukenof gardens. We were there a couple of years ago and loved it. What a paradise! We plan to visit again this year, I hope that materializes. I have so many tulip references from my last visit itself, and now I am finally feeling confident enough to get to them. So more tulips are on the way for sure :)

Let me know your feedback on this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!