February 4, 2010

67. Bird of Paradise

The bird of paradise is designed to be done with the palette knife. The very simple no fuss structure of the flower makes it so easy to render that this was done in less than half an hour. Takes huge amounts of paint, slap them on and continue. And it was super fun! Not much work in terms of mixing either as I was looking for a real intense look.

Bird of Paradise


Bird of Paradise
Palette-Knife on board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


Let me know your feedback on this one.

3 comments:

  1. Love all ur work Nithya !!! M also painting infact trying to which is from a pic called "Birds of paradise"...but that wud be nowhere near ur truly amazing work..Very nice indeed...
    Is there a place where I could learn the basics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deepti! Nice meeting you, I am glad you like my work. I will mail you the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] receive. There is a minor glitch though. Both Juhi Jairath Chawla and Sasmita Maurya had wanted the Bird of Paradise. But since Juhi’s name was drawn first, she gets to receive the Bird of Paradise. I would [...]

    ReplyDelete

If you like it, share it!