February 3, 2010

64. Red tulips

Here are another set of red tulips, done with my palette knife. These tulips aren't entirely red, they have patches of white, and it was fun getting all the colors without picking up the brush again. How I love the textures! Hope you like it too :) One thing I could've done, looking at the painting now is to have painted the foliage behind the flowers with the brush. That way they would've automatically receded to the background and not pop up with heavy texture. I have done them with the knife though, and the distance doesn't come across. It probably competes for attention with the flowers.

Tulips


Red Tulips
Palette Knife on board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


What's the fun anyway without a little trial and error. This is the biggest advantage of working small, it gives room for a lot of experimentation. Let me know your feedback!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!