February 4, 2010

69. Fiery

The Calla lily is one flower that has big time appeal to me. I love its unique structure, and just fell in love with this photo. This one was done with a brush, absolutely no idea if I could pull it off with a knife, and also bring in the glowing effect. So played it safe this time.

Fiery


Fiery
Acrylics on board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


I never knew Calla lilies come in red too, I have seen only white ones. When I upload the paintings of the day, I tell my hub and he has a look at them from his workplace. He works in another city and so is away for most of the week. So there, that's the big secret to how I am painting a lot more these days :-) Anyway, he called me back saying he likes the bird of paradise the best. And then, sends me a mail saying he liked this one the best, and then the killer, is this also a bird of paradise?!!! Well I know he is artistically challenged, but then visually too?! Trust him to come up with such stunners. :-)

I really like this one too, I like how it stands out against the black backdrop. Let me know what you think of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!