February 3, 2010

66. Purple coneflowers

This was done from a lovely reference in WetCanvas. I tried to bring in some taper in the petals this time around, so ended up spending a little more time on each flower. Also touched them up a little bit with a brush, to make the shapes a little more defined.

Purple Coneflowers


Purple coneflowers
Palette-Knife on board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


Among other things, I was listing all these paintings in my online store at Artfire, and the site did not allow me to use the word 'knife' in the description of my painting. I tried making it a hyphenated word as 'palette-knife' and still no luck. Crazy ain't it?! Does google think I am a terrorist or what?!

Let me know what you think of the painting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!