December 10, 2010

Reading by the lake IV - Impressions of a European Summer

I have named this one too as "Reading by the lake" just to keep with the theme, as they're a series you see. But then, this is not actually from a lake. It is from a nearby park that we used to frequent in summer. Since it was well within the theme of this series and captured the same spirit, I wanted to paint this one too.


Reading by the Lake IV
Acrylics on Canvas, 10 by 10 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


This one I think is my favorite among the series. I am quite pleased with the result. I did this one entirely with the palette knife, including the body and hair. Resisted the brush temptation entirely and am quite happy with that. :) I would love to hear from you, what do you think.


With this painting, I am done with the pending figurative pieces I had I think. Or wait, I have couple of more dancers pending that are half way through. Should get to them after I complete a landscape that has been lying around for a while now. My head spins thinking about all the incomplete work and I hate to get into the New Year that way. On finishing up all the incomplete ones, I hope to make this blog a daily painting blog from next year onwards. Let's see. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!