May 31, 2010

Virtual Paint-out May 2010 - Prague

The location for this month's was Prague, which has been on my to-go list for a while now. More so after the virtual travel. I totally loved traversing around the city with google street view. Such beautiful bridges everywhere. Any city with a lot of bridges and water makes me fall in love with it immediately. Amsterdam, Strasbourg all fall in that category. I think that holds good with Prague too, and the husband endorsed it completely. Well he has visited Prague and I almost disowned him for going there without me.:(


With my brushes being used only to sign these days and me working almost exclusively with the knife, I was looking at things differently. As in, searching for a view that would be more knife-friendly to paint. I shortlisted a lot of bridge and river views, but loved this building on first sight. This is a very typical European building with charming windows et al. It was a delight to paint. I like how the red building came out, but do not like the adjacent building. I want to try painting this some other time.


Virtual Paintout Prague The Red Building
Palette Knife on board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan
View in Street View





With every month's paint out, I get to marvel more and more at the awesome technology. What would I do without Google, I wonder! :) Let me know what you think of the painting.

2 comments:

  1. The painting looks lovely with a knife. Including the adj building. Do you have a ref link to this above view?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nithya! I love buildings like these and they come off well with painting knives.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it, share it!