May 9, 2010

My first ever sale!

I just sold my first ever original this weekend. My small painting Tango #5 was sold in my Etsy store. It was absolutely awesome, coz I had listed the paintings just the previous night and it was sold within 24 hrs. Prior to this, I have only sold commissioned work, never an original that I had painted on my own. Commissions are great, but this is definitely better, as she loved something that I had done from my muse and not based on a client requirement. I almost fainted when I saw a mail from her saying she loved my work. The happiness on reading that from a stranger is unparalleled, and it is something I am sure I can never get in a regular job.

Tango #5
Dancing Feet #5
Acrylics on board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan
SOLD


The painting was packaged and shipped yesterday, and I think it will be a week before it reaches the USA. I am waiting with bated breath to hear back from her after seeing the actual work in person. It is bought as a gift to someone, and I am so hoping that the gift recipient likes it too! A huge thanks to my client for her support. God bless patrons who support artists.

It was a perfect Mothers' day gift for me :) A very happy Mothers' day to all the wonderful moms of the world. I hope you cherish yours and just took a moment today to convey that you do.

1 comment:

  1. [...] I mentioned earlier, I sold my first painting couple of weeks back. It was received by my customer and she wrote back to me saying she LOVED it. [...]

    ReplyDelete

If you like it, share it!