January 3, 2015

SOLD - 30 Things about me - Day 3

The Splash
Oil on Board, 18 by 24 cms (9.5 by 7 inches)
SOLD
30 Things about me #3 - The waves inspire me and calm my soul
I have a very special relationship with the waves. Not surprising considering I grew up in a coastal city with a beach to die for. I love getting into the water and stand there letting the waves caress my feet. I can also actually sit aside and just keep looking at them for hours together. I find the waves a metaphor for so many things in life. They give me strength, hope and provide endless inspiration while having a calming influence like no other.

I have wanted to make a series of paintings around the theme of waves since a long time and I am glad that I could get to it now. This is painted with the palette knife in an attempt to loosen up and keep things bordering abstract.  Yesterday's painting got tighter than I wanted it to, so today I just stopped at a point and decided not to mess anymore. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!