March 18, 2009

Apples and Glass gallery

I set up a still life with a whole apple, a sliced apple and a glass of apple juice. There was some sharp sunlight, and the reflections were in all their glory. In my previous series with the Oranges and Glass bottle, my canvasses had a lot of empty space. This time around I tried to fill up the canvas as much as I could. So I opted for closer crops, and also included some fabric to create an interest to the viewer. it was also my first experiment with the square format.


Click on each image to see the corresponding blog posts and works in progress. In the post for each painting, I have included a work in progress image, that shows the complete transition of the painting from underpainting to signature. Hope you enjoy it and find it useful. All your feedback is welcome.


This gallery by the way was very easily put together by Windows Live Writer. It rocks!


2 comments:

  1. I love the new look of your blog - it's so neat! And your paintings are simply amazing, such a joy to follow and savour. Here's to many more things of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ano, you are too kind. Gave up on ready made templates and learnt CSS instead, I like the new look too :)

    ReplyDelete

If you like it, share it!