March 2, 2009

Apples and Glass #2 - Completed

Major part of the work again from the previous update has been on the glass. Getting glass objects to look glassy enough is a big challenge, and I think I have fared reasonably well. I have tried to keep the fabric folds as loose as possible, only suggesting folds without getting into too much detail. I like how it looks in the thumbnail, but in the bigger format I tend to look for more detail. Since I have always been used to working quite detailed, it is not very easy getting to loosen up and I am trying as much as I can. I am not going to add any more detail to this, I am calling it done. All your feedback is welcome.

Apples and Glass #2
Acrylics on Canvas, 8 * 8 inches.
Copyright Nithya Swaminathan

Instead of putting up a slideshow, I thought it would be better to see the progress as an image itself. I personally find it to be more usable than a slide show. So here is a slideshow-like presentation of the painting, showing each stage. Click on the image for a better view.
Apples and Glass #2 - Work in progress
Copyright Nithya Swaminathan


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!