March 11, 2014

SOLD - Rooster #3 - Original Palette Knife Bird Painting in Oils

Gosh the roosters continue to mesmerise me! What gorgeous colours and stunning eyes they have! What attracts me to painting birds, is their eyes. Which is why I do not prefer to paint the whole bird, I love to capture the eye and a close up of their faces. And I absolutely love images of birds looking directly into the cameras :-) 

This was by far the most challenging of the roosters, and one of the difficult palette knife paintings that I have done. Reading values within various shades of red was a huge challenge and at every step along the way, I took a b/w image of my work in progress to see if I am on the right track. So that means I have some WIP images to show you :-) 

Rooster #3
Oil on board, 5 by 7 inches
Click here to bid
Check out the progress of my painting from sketch to finish. I usually directly sketch on my gessoed panels.

Rooster #3 - Work in Progress
Of course, it goes without saying that the rooster paintings would have great presence when hung together. Check out a collage of the 3 paintings so far, though there will be more to come.

Roosters
Oil on board, 5 by 7 inches each
Painted exclusively with the palette knife.
Your feedback is welcome! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!