March 26, 2014

SOLD - Just lemons - Original Still Life Painting in Oils

So, this makes it a dozen lemon paintings! When I started this series of lemons, it wasn't planned to be a series at all. I wanted to experiment painting from life and just picked up the stuff I had in my fridge. Though I had a few oranges, apples and lots of vegetables, the lemons just got lucky :-) It wasn't planned. After painting them on a warm background, I wanted to paint them on a cool background and so one experiment led to another and I was hooked. 

Though the lemons are fun and all that, my most favourite part to paint every single time was the knife. I love getting it to look like metal and love capturing the combination of shadows and reflections. I have no more lemons in my pantry so I think I will leave them aside for a while. I will get back to this gorgeous fruit after some time, in combination with different props. I did some sketching yesterday and I am dying to get some figures painted. :-)

Just lemons
Oil on board, 6 by 6 inches
SOLD
Let me leave you with a collage of all the lemon paintings so far. Do you have a favourite? Let me know in the comments :-)

A dozen lemons!
All of them sold :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!