March 9, 2014

SOLD - Readers #1 - Original Figurative Painting in Oils

I love capturing images of people reading. I have references of readers all over the place - at coffee shops, parks, beaches and so on. It is one of my favourite references and I have painted it a couple of times already. While I trashed the earlier versions, I decided to rework this one from three years ago.  

Readers #1
Oil on Canvas, 12 by 4 inches
Click here to bid
Below a collage of the older painting and the reworked one, where I hope I don't need to tell you which one is what ;-) I am totally enjoying these collages, they give me a very good idea of how far I have come. Looking at the older paintings makes me cringe, but it is heartening to know that the journey is in the right direction. 


I have dug into my image library and have unearthed quite a few more references of people reading. I should hopefully get to them one by one. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!