June 17, 2010

Violet and white Iris - Original Palette Knife painting

I recently redesigned my blog template, completely customizing it to my liking. And it is now at a stage where I am pretty pleased with it. I manage my email subscriptions via Mailchimp, and since it allows template customization, I thought I would design it similar to my blog. Just to maintain a uniform look and feel. Of course, I wonder how many readers actually read the blog by landing on this page, but that's another story. I wanted to have a consistent look and feel and went with it. But when I opened the blog posts in my mail I realized that it wasn't a great idea. What appealed to me on a web page looked pathetic in my mail. I did not like it at all. So I will be reverting the email newsletter to a white background soon. Changes are in order :-)


Violet and White Iris
Palette Knife on board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan








On another note, I am very very pleased with Mailchimp and would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a email marketing option. I was the only who was under a rock actually. After I signed up with Mailchimp, I just noticed that a lot of my website subscriptions use them already. I am the one who is a late adopter. It is great nevertheless. I love the feature of being able to schedule exactly when your mail will go out, makes it consistent. And there are a lot many features.


The painting above is yet another iris, boy do I ever get tired of them! Let me know what you think :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!