June 26, 2010

"Show me the light"

I have a lot more poppies in the pipeline, as usual I am working on multiple images and am currently on a spree with these red beauties. Which got me thinking about what to do next. I am kinda done with flowers, or maybe not. Want to do something else, maybe some still lifes. I might just pick up my old pear references and just try them differently with the knife. After all, there are endless ways to look at the same subject and I might render the fruits a little differently. Or I might try a completely new subject altogether. Nothing is concrete as of yet. I have somehow lost the interest to do landscapes and do not see myself doing one for the near future. I have a couple of landscapes that I started lying around incomplete. I don't feel like going back to them, no drive. Maybe I am not yet comfortable doing a landscape with the knife. I need more practice, that's for sure. I'll probably complete them with the brush.


Show me the light - Textured poppy painting
Show me the light
Acrylics on Board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan








Without worrying about what next, I am thoroughly enjoying the poppies for now. Hope you do too :) Let me know what you think.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!