June 4, 2014

Study in Yellow - Original Still Life in Oils

My shipment with all my art stationery arrived last week and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have got new supplies of paints and boards along with a few brushes too.:) Starting on a new board always gives me a high. 

I wanted to paint something from life, and when I opened my fridge, I had these half used peppers staring at me. I vehemently avoided the red one as the palette has had too much red lately. Yellow against my turquoise coloured paper was just perfect. Simple and beautiful. I set it up against the sunlight this morning and I was racing against the sun since the light was rapidly changing. Every time the sun moved a bit, I had to shift my set up following it.:) However, I completed it with the help of my reference only and that's something I'd like to change the next time. 

Study in Yellow
Oil on board, 6 by 6 inches
Click to bid

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!