January 1, 2011

A peek into new things in store in 2011

A very Happy New Year to all of you. May the year be filled with everything that you could wish for.



"Make an offer" painting


I was thinking for a while about what new to venture into this year, and this was one of the first ideas to strike me. This year, I am going to be offering a painting every month as a "Make an offer" painting. I will put this up on the first of every month and you can bid on the painting for the whole month. What is interesting is that the starting bid value is discounted than the actual value of the painting. So you do have the chance to buy art at an extremely affordable price from me.



How does it work?


If you are interested in this painting that is on offer, send me a mail or message me on Facebook or whatever, with your offer price. I will update my website and blog with the current highest offer every time I receive a new offer. So all you have to do is drop by my site and check out the current highest bid and place your bid higher. Simple! By the month end if it is not yet sold because there has been no bidder, then I will list it in my store at the actual price. Which means, during the time when bidding is on, I will NOT be listing it in my store and it will be available only directly from me.


A new painting will be on offer in the following month, no matter whether or not the previous month's is sold. And so on. I am quite excited about this initiative and I hope you are too. I would request you to share this with your friends and anyone else who would be interested.



Jan 2011 Make an offer


This painting is a cityscape from Venice from my last visit there. Though Venice is all water, the islands too are beautiful with colorful houses and charming buildings. This is one such view from one of the islands. Venice has been on my "to-paint" list for ages now and I hope this is a sign of things to come.


An afternoon in Venice
Oil on Canvas, 8 by 8 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan

Bidding starts at $60, Mail me to place a bid


With this painting, once again I have ventured into oils with the palette knife. My comfort levels are just getting better. This one was good fun. I spent more time in deciding between oils and acrylics, than the actual painting time itself. Phew! This painting is done on gallery wrapped canvas and the sides are painted. You can therefore hang it even without a frame, though I must say it looks awesome with a good frame.


I hope you like it. Let me know your comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!