April 7, 2014

SOLD - Avocado Halves - Original Still Life in Oils

I love the avocado and buy it often. It is a family favourite, my daughter loves a good guacamole. I have wanted to paint it but never got around to it for some reason. Many a time I do not cut the fruit into two perfect halves. Sometimes I do not cut it into halves at all, wedge it instead. And so on. 

Avocado Halves
Oil on board, 7 by 5 inches
Click to bid
So yesterday, when I cut the avocado and it looked so gorgeous, my husband and daughter forced me to take some pictures and keep them for reference. They wanted the guacamole in 5 minutes, but wanted me to come up with compositions and take pictures even before that. How considerate! My daughter insisted that I must paint it! So we ate up the fruit yesterday and I painted these from a reference.:-) I could take only about 2 pictures, I guess I will paint the other one later this week. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!