February 12, 2014

SOLD - Dads and Moms!

This painting has taken me about 10 days from start to finish, probably the longest I have worked on a piece in a very long time. The sketch itself took me quite some time to get the proportions and the angles right. The last two weeks have been miserable on the health front with the entire family, so that partly accounts for the delay too. 

The reference has been sitting in my system forever, but I never finalised on a crop, on which part f the image I wanted to paint. As I was trying out sketching different parts of the image, this mad woman in me wanted to paint ALL of them :-) With that lightbulb moment, I cropped off the heads and some other parts that I wasn't interested in and decided to tackle the figures all at once. I am pretty sure I will be painting the different families in separate paintings too. 

Dads and Moms
Oil on Canvas, 12 by 6 inches
Click here to bid
A scene such as this is such a common sight here in summer, when young families flock to places like the zoo and parks nearby. I clicked this at the entrance of one such park that we frequent. I had a great time painting this one and I am reasonably satisfied with the outcome. Hope you like it too! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!