February 22, 2014

SOLD - Need no company - Original Figurative painting, 5 by 7 inches

As mentioned in the previous post, I am currently in the process of evaluating all my old pieces  to decide whether they can be revamped a bit or they could be painted over. This is one piece I decided to rework, which I am not sure if was the wiser thing to do. Looking back, probably repainting it on a new canvas would've served me better. Anyway! I had painted this more than 2 years back as part of my summer impressions. I did not like the end result but could not see what exactly was wrong. So it was just lying aside. 

When I picked it up for reworking now, the messed up proportions just glared at me. I wonder how I even considered this "finished" back then. However, I take this as an evidence that my artistic eye is getting better. Far from where I want it to be, but way better than what it was. 


Need no company
Oil on Canvas, 5 by 7 inches


Here's a collage of the two paintings side by side. The left was painted in 2011 and the right one yesterday. Can you say what all has been changed? :-) 


The colors seem much brighter than they are in real, especially the reds. The others are as close as possible to the original. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!