November 26, 2008

Sketching from life - tomatoes and jar

Started this still life from life. We got a new pickle jar and I thought I'd use it first before any pickle gets into it :-) I like still lifes where the fabric forms a part of the background also. So set up my fabric in that matter. I did the folds meticulously like those in a sari, and set it up behind my jar, so that the folds flow unidirectionally into the foreground.

Here is my sketch from life, which would be the basis for the painting that would follow shortly. The sketch is in colored pencils as usual.

Untitled - sketch from life
Colored pencils on paper
Copyright Nithya Swaminathan

I am yet to start the painting, so if you have any suggestions/crits before I put my brush onto the canvas, they are more than welcome. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!