November 15, 2008

Primary Colors - Completed

Primary Colors - Completed
Acrylics on Canvas, 8 * 10 inches.
Copyright Nithya Swaminathan.

Managed to complete the still life today. Lightened up the background, on the right side. Then touched up the apple a bit adding some lighter values. Majority of the work though was on the folds, getting them in decent shape was an ordeal!

Though I had a bad photo as a back up, I did not have to really look into it. This was done entirely from my sketch and I am very happy about it. Looking into the photo would have only hindered my progress as there was a minor change in viewpoint.I had a lot of fun working on this one. Feel free to post your comments and critiques. Here is a slideshow showing the transitioning of the painting through various stages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!