March 1, 2010

Iris #19

I was on a spree with these Irises last month, and did 18 of them within a span of a week or so. At one point I was doing 5 paintings a day. And then I kinda got a bit saturated and gave myself a break. I wanted to do 2 more to make them 20 pieces in all in the series and then move on to something else. But then, I changed my mind. The dancers were a good break and I loved them too. I then stumbled upon some more gorgeous references of these flowers, and I was hooked. I have started a dozen more irises, in every possible color. 30 paintings in a series is something I have never even dreamt of before, and that too of a flower. It is indeed unbelievable for me, but I am really having fun and hope to do more.

Iris #19
Iris #19
Palette Knife on board, 5 x 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


And well, though I ain't yet bored of painting this stunner of a flower, I certainly am bored of coming up with titles for each. So I shall stick to numbers I guess! Your feedback is most welcome, along with any good title suggestions too :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!