May 11, 2014

Pink Daisies - Original Still Life in Oils

I had bought this bunch of daisies a while ago, and loved the light pink. The colour was so breathtakingly beautiful that I had to paint it. Never mind that petals and their delicate appearance always gave me the jitters. Never mind that I have not painted a flower in ages. As some lovely sunlight shone through my window, it put to rest any doubts that I had in my mind that they had to be painted. I started doing them from life and did an initial layer. I also took a couple of pictures just in case I could not complete it from life. That's pretty much what happened, I did not like the way it was progressing, me getting consumed with the details as usual. Pick up the piece again today and completed with the help of my references. I tried as much as I could to not get finicky.:-) 

Pink Daisies
Oil on Canvas, 6 by 12 inches
Click to bid
This painting is done on stretched canvas and the sides are painted in a neutral gray. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!