February 25, 2012

Red on Red!

There are some paintings where I find something absolutely irresistible right in front of me and take an image, paint it with little or no processing. But those are very very rare, and almost none when it comes to my figurative work. Much more common are the ones where I click something, and discover something else altogether while processing the images. 

Red on Red
Oil on Canvas, 4 by 12 inches
Click here to bid
Click here to bid.

This picture is a great example of how I work. My object of focus in this shot was a dad and little boy playing football in these lawns. But when I zoom in to a reference image and look into further details, this girl is the one who jus *had* to be painted first. The boy and his dad will be painted sometime later. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!