January 21, 2015

SOLD - 30 Things about me #11

As the world goes by
Oil on board, 6 by 6 inches
SOLD
30 Things about me #11 - I love painting people without faces
Most of my figurative art does not focus on the faces of the subjects. A lot of them are infact cropped without the faces seen. A couple of reasons for this. One is that I want my subjects to be relatable to everyone and not having a face helps that. Anyone looking at the painting could see a bit of themselves in it. The more important reason is that I am pathetic with doing faces and have a long way to go.:) Most of the time I do not want to overdo a face and end up spoiling a decent painting. So there!

The image in the DPW link is more accurate than the one here. It seems very saturated here. The background is not so green in real. I wonder what it is with blogger! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!