May 17, 2010

Amidst the narcissists

While the tulips are definitely the highlight of the Dutch land, all other flowers (bulbs) are in bloom in good measure and it is quite a sight to die for. As I mentioned earlier, the daffodils ruled the place when we visited and we could spot a stretch of yellow in every direction. This painting is from the same location as the tulip fields, in the village of Voorhout.


Daffodil fields
Amidst the Narcissists
Palette Knife on board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan








It was bright and sunny, but quite chill. It was extremely windy, thus successfully curbing any thoughts of working en plein air. The best memory was when the husband lifted me to pose for a snap amidst the daffodils, and I was screaming at him not to drop me on the flowers and crush them. The pathways between the fields are quite narrow and I was so scared not to damage the beauties. He did manage a decent job though, considering I am as heavy as a dinosaur :D


This painting was a super quickie, completed in less than half an hour. Sometimes, it is only the quickest ones that give the best results. Most of the times perhaps. I really like this one, and would love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!