September 8, 2014

Lemons and Glass - Original Still Life in Oils

I have always wanted to paint plain glass. To get the transparency and "glass effect" with as minimal strokes as possible is something I find endlessly fascinating. I seek inspiration from several artists who are so good at it. This is my first ever attempt at painting transparent glass. 

Lemons and Glass
Oil on board, 18 by 24 cms (approx. 7 by 9.5 inches)
$75.00 + shipping
Click to buy
One of the days when I was cleaning my pantry and throwing out unused bottles etc, I thought this one would make good practice to paint glass. I wanted to keep the set up as simple as possible, so did not spend too much time fretting over it. The lemons and my knife being favourite objects, just found their way into the set up.:-) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!