February 12, 2010

90. Tango #1

Last year, I did a series of belly dancers. The main idea of the series was to capture movement, and the passion of a dancer without focusing on the facial expression. The series relies only on capturing the body language. It was a series I thoroughly enjoyed, and it also struck me that I could extend it to some other forms of dance as well. I had some references of Tango that I had saved several months ago. If I had painted them then, I'd have done them in full, but now it occurred that I could just paint the legs and see if I could still capture the attitude.:) And so I decided to do a series of just legs in various Tango postures.

Dancing feet #1
Tango #1
Acrylics on board, 5 x 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


With these paintings I am also getting back to the brush. Boy it's been quite long! I do miss my knife a great deal though. Let me know what you think of this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!