January 16, 2010

48. Pears #2

So we continue with the next painting in the "new" series of pears. I am curious to hear any critique or feedback on these pieces. Compared to the pears I did a few months ago, there is a definite change in technique, colors and my approach to the paintings. Which one do you like better? While the older set had too much of red popping out, I am varying the colors a little more now. I am keeping it looser too, not being too hard on the edges. And another key difference is that these pieces are painted on black, whereas I painted on a white gessoed surface last time around. That makes a huge difference, and I love painting on black!

Pear #2


Pears #2
Acrylics on board, 5 * 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan


I wonder which one looks better, do let me know what you think! More Pears to come in the coming days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!